Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ROAD TRIP

   Boredon trickles all around just like the unstable water bottle as it steadily leaks onto the freshly made carpet. I can't remember the last time we went, I mean all of us, to them.
   I lean my head on the window and take a peak outside. Green feilds flash between the snow covered mountains. Thankfully the winter season stopped a few weeks ago, but that doesn't mean the rain is gone. Its splashes are as steady as the flooding over waterbottle.
   All I have to do is write. That's all I ever seem to do now. Ever since it happened...
   But I try not to think about that as I look around the crowded car. My sister Anne is leaning on my shoulder, which now has a stream of drool slowly forming. But I don't care much. I don't want to wake her, though I probably would have a month ago.
   My little brother Bob is shoved in the back between my siblings Mary and Jim. It was really too small of a car for all of us but we never complained. Actually we like to be close to each other now a days.
   Two other siblings are on my left side. The little ones, Sam and Tom. Thankfully they have been silently sucking on their thumbs or sleeping the entire ride. While staring at them I realize how jealous I truly am. They have no cares or worries. They don't even know what's going on.
   A sudden snort from the front of the car distracted my thoughts. The source was from my uncle in the shotgun seat. He was sound asleep. I couldn't help but stare at him and as I did hot anger surged my body.
   Quickly I turned my head away. No, I couldn't think that. It wasn't true what Jim told me. He just wouldn't do that.
   Turning my attention to the driver I stared at my nana, well my grandma actually, but she didn't like us to call her that. I guess it made her feel old, even thought she doesn't seem old to me. Being married as young as she did caused my dad to follow in her footsteps. My mom said it was a bad thing to do but it did give nana the advantage of still being young with grandchildren.
   My mom. Dad.
   Nana was the first one there after it happened. We were actually at her house when the news reached us. She then had to force my relunctant uncle to drive, even though he just ended up sleeping anyway.
   Of course we don't know where we're actually driving to. We are just kids. Adults don't tell us things like that. Or that's at least what Jim says.