Tuesday, December 28, 2010

MAKING MY WAY

The freezing wind forced me to tighten the scarf around my face. I had never been very fond of the cold and now I hated it more than ever. My long, blonde hair swirled around my face clashing with the brightly colored scarf; it had been a going away present from my step sister. The going away wasn't my idea of course; instead I was outvoted by my mother and new step father. But I didn't want to think about that as I tried to dodge the snow that quickly came down on me. Instead I focused my attention on grabbing a taxi to get away from the train station. As the driver started going I was again reminded how badly I get motion sickness. All throughout the train ride here I was constantly in the restroom trying my best to not throw up, and the strange odor of the car was not helping. So, in order to not feel so disgusting I looked outside the window. Huge mountains were being covered with even more snow; just the site of it made me shiver.